Additional Units for Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) and Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 (ASW 2020) in 2009

Additional units have been announced for two PNB-managed funds. There’ll be an additional 2.22 billion units for Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM) starting from April 21, 2009, and another 2 billion units for Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 (ASW 2020) starting from April 27.

However, maximum allowed per investor is 20,000 units.

Have a look at The Star article here.

————————————–

Go to HOME
Go to SITE MAP
Go to DISCLAIMER

About nadlique

This blog is about the journey of a 28-year-old Malaysian towards financial freedom. This blog was started back when the blogger was 21 years old. However, his journey towards financial freedom had begun way before that. Materials such as investing, business, entrepreneurship, equities, and real estate are presented. The author also posts his thoughts and observations on life in general.

Comments

1. I am an ASM member an I wish to buy the newly launch units starting 21.4.2009. I do not keep so much fund in my MBB or CIMBs’ saving a/cs bec of the near nil interest rate imposed byt Bank Negara.
    So I have to go to other sources to buy the new units.

But it is very frustrating bec the MBB or CIMB agents do not accept cheques, cahsier orders, bank drafts, BUT only cash. can you image I have to go to other banks to withdraw my fds ( and in bulk cash) and carry all the way to the above agents to buy the new units. what and who shall be responsible if anything happen on my way? myself ? or the government ? Why Cann’t they accept cashier orders bec they are eauivalent to solid cash don’t the agnets know that? why must they insist to receive cash ?

I believe we have to be more flexible and the government should take more care of the rakyat by not exposing we all to unnecessary risks on the road. A caring and good government please do consider about the inconvenience caused to the ordinary rakyat like us.

2. I would agree with CY. in my case i am working and i couldn’t find the right time to go to banks etc etc. And i thought of withdrawing through ATM but the max is only RM1500 or RM3000 and i have to carry the money to other banks to buy the units. frustrated.

3. what is the minimum and maximum amount $ for both ASM and ASW
    And what age is qualify for it. May Bank and CIMB only?
    Thanks.

4. I manage to open a new account today after waiting for more than 3 hours at MBB. RM1000 is the minimum. Max is RM20,000 per person.

5. Peppermint says:

can anyone tell me what’s the percentage return 5% or 6% per annual?

6. Wow!! the 2nd round just closed as I was waiting in line in Maybank. 12.20pm, 22nd APril 2009. Closed. Sold out.

So watch out for Monday – ASW2020 opens for buying. Maybe this time I should camp out at the Bank.

7. Acmalaysia says:

Hi,

I went to Maybank today and waited for 3 hours-but at the end got nothing coz when it was my turn, the quota is out, and the ASM have to be cut into half….so no saham for me lar…

Frusfrated,
    Geezzzz

8. Is ASM or ASM 2020 safe to invest? I am talking about interest and model default.

9. I was happy to read that the government was opening up Amanah Saham Malaysia share units to the non-Bumi Malaysians and so I hastily went to the RHB office in Pusat Bandar Damansara to inquire on share purchase yesterday at noon (April 22nd)

However, I was told by the RHB bank representative that all shares were fully subscribed and so to my disappointment I left the bank.

Today, therefore, I was really surprised to read that the ASM Indian quota was still available for takers and yet I was not advised of this yesterday.

If I looked Chinese, I could have understood the RHB representative not offering me the shares, seeing the media report that the Chinese quota has been exhausted – however, being Indian, plus not having an ambiguous racial background (i.e. I look completely Indian), I am disappointed that the shares were not offered to me.

The potential reason therefore that the Indian quota remains unfilled for ASM subscribers is because they are all informed that ASM is now closed for subscription to non-Bumis.

A great plan was in place for the rakyat, however, it’s marred by failure to provide proper information to its representatives.

10. Karen George says:

11. kalaiselvan says:

This is my first time i invest in amanah saham Malaysia. Before that, i heard about that but i do not know how to invest and purpose investment.

12. May i know for the wawasan scheme, am i tied down for certain period and any penalty for early redemption?

How is the dividend pay-out? Annually after FYE or?

13. Both are equity funds and are safe to invest. Normally the lots for non-bumis will be sold off by 12 noon on the same day esp for Chinese. It was a norm during the new units offer, ppls will queue up as early as 6am to buy the lots. So this year for ASM, i’m quite suprised it was drag on to 2nd day.

As for ASW, i try my chance to top up in addition to what i’ve already have in my acc and was told it was sold off by 11am.

No penalty or early redemption fees applicable. You only lose out on the yearly dividen payout which follows the FYE.

1) ASM – 31 March (FYE)
    2) ASW 2020 – 31 August (FYE)

So the dissapointed ones, keep your money and wait for the new release in the coming future and be there real early!

14. michael22 says:

sir,

I am a ASM account holder and i would like to seek some information from ur bank.i have a friend working at MBB and i seek from their help to help me to invest the ASM unit.Last month i success to invest 20k in my account.how about this month June? can i still invest
    20k in my account since some ppl already withdrawal their unit,so there should be some more unit for replacement.and can u let me know wat’s the max
    unit can one ASM holder in their account?

thanks

15. sidekick says:

Dear michael22, i assume you are non-bumi, therefore max unit you can get is subject to availability of fund. There are no limits. Only way to know if there is fund available is to keep going to the counter or have your friend working at maybank/RHB bank to regularly check for you.

16. Today I was hoping to buy ASN & had been wait before CIMB open. However, when it start its business hour, we was told that no more unit left for ASN at 9.15am!!! Imagine how ppl will feel? However, my colleague went to post office at 1pm, they manage to buy & there are lots of units.
    I really feel disappointed with CIMB as ASN agent. If they think that too many ppl purchase ASN unit & this is slowing down their network, then they shall be remove from ASN agent list & shall not let ppl wait & just use unit sold out as an excuse to chase ppl out from bank.

17. patrick says:

Does anyone know the limit to withdraw per day? As i heard it’s 5k, but unsure with its truth. if i have invested rm50, 000 in total, does this mean i need to go to the respective agent bank to withdraw for 10 times?

18. For ASW, if I asked someone else to purchase the units on my behalf. Can they do so without my ASW account book??

19. hom much minimum is to invest in ASM?if RM20?is it ok?and how much is the percentage?