Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 : ASW 2020

Included in the long list of Permodalan Nasional Berhad’s (PNB) long list of unit trust products is the Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020, or simply ASW 2020.

Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020. I mean, how cool does that sound! Vision 2020 Unit Trust. Sounds so…. out of the ordinary huh?

What’s next? The Terminator 2050 Fund. Investment strategy, to invest in all companies related with uranium, especially in those specialising in nuclear warheads? Haha. That would be something huh?

Anyway, back to ASW 2020, this is another fund that offers the capital guarantee feature. Considering the low-risk nature, the returns from this fund is not so bad. However, I’m sure all of you would agree that if you’re a Bumiputera, ASB is at the top of your priority list.

Below are some of the features of ASW 2020:


  • Categorised as an equity fund for investors looking for income.
  • Capital guaranteed with buying and selling price of units fixed at RM1.00 per unit.
  • The fund invests 95% of its value in equities and another 5% in other capital market instruments and liquid assets. Examples are stocks, debentures, units of unit trust fund, deposits at call with financial institutions, bankers’ acceptances, negotiable certificate of deposits.
  • The strategy employed by the fund managers are such that it will preserve the capital of the fund for the long term.
  • The fund’s financial year end is on August 31 of every year.
  • Salary deductions and standing instructions can be incorporated with ASW 2020.


  • Suitable for investors with a low-risk profile.
  • 51% of the fund is reserved for the Malaysian Bumiputera while the other 49% for non-Bumiputera.
  • Participation is subject to availability of units.

Investment Amounts

  • Minimum initial investment is 100 units (RM100) for investment books, 1000 units (RM1000) for certificates, and RM1000 for EPF.
  • Additional investments are 1 unit for investment books and 1,000 units for certificate and EPF respectively.
  • There is no maximum investment for ASW 2020, as long as there are still units available.
  • To sell the units, you need to at least maintain a minimum balance of 100 units for investment books (or else, you may be asked to sell all of your units). For certificates on the other hand, you may sell units in multiples of 1,000 units.
  • Units may be redeemed (sold) at any time and money will be given on on-the-spot basis. For EPF members on the other hand, the amount is paid back to EPF.

Charges, Fees, and Expenses

  • No sales charges are charged but there is a low service charge for investments made through the EPF Members’ Investment Scheme. The charges are calculated based on the average net value of the fund, calculated on monthly basis X 0.25% X 1/12, which will be deducted from the income distribution, if any, at the end of financial year.
  • No exit fees (Repurchase charge) as well.
  • Fees & Expenses. Annual management fees of up to a maximum of 1% p.a. of the value of the fund which will be calculated and accrued daily, as may be agreed with the relevant parties. Trustee fees stand at RM500,000. There are also other fees such as the audit fees, custodian fees, cost of distribution of annual reports, distribution expenses, distribution statement and notices to unitholders.

Expected Returns

  • Income distributed will be recorded as additional units in your ASW 2020 account.
  • The distribution of income and the rate of return is at the discretion of the fund.
  • Annualised average total return of ASW 2020:

1-year: 6.80 sen per unit.

3-year: 6.97 sen per unit.

5-year: 6.95 sen per unit

Disclaimer: This article is not a specific nor general advice on managing or investing your money. This article does not constitute a recommendation nor does it take into account your investment objectives, financial situation nor particular needs.

Go to HOME

Other related posts:

Why Everyone Should be Wealthy
Why Not Everyone Can be Wealthy
What is Financial Freedom
Journey Towards Financial Freedom: Food for Thought
Fund’s Strong Performance

Leave a Reply
You May Also Like