This entry is about my Asus Eee PC. It’s the instructions on how to switch from the EASY MODE Graphical User Interface (GUI) to a Windows-like GUI or better known as ADVANCED MODE.
This is the Easy Mode.
Here are the simple steps that I used to get to the Advanced Mode (Full Desktop Mode). Be careful though. You do not want to do anything else that could ruin the whole system.
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+T
2. Gain root access by typing “sudo bash”
3. Type “apt-get update”
4. Type “apt-get install kicker” and answer “y”
5. Type “apt-get install ksmserver” and answer “y”
6. Type “exit” twice to leave the terminal
Now press the power button on your Asus Eee PC. You’ll see something like this:
The “Full Desktop” option has emerged. Now, click that.
Your Asus Eee PC will reboot and moments later…
Full Desktop Mode!
So, there you go.
Disclaimer: Please take note, I’m just a messenger. All these instructions were taken from other professionals on the web. I’m not a professional. Don’t ask me why it won’t work on your computer. It worked on mine. I have no idea why it hadn’t on yours. As such, I do not guarantee that it’ll work well with yours. When making changes to your computer, always exercise caution.
Visit Lumpy’s Movie Reviews
Other related posts:
– University, Work, and Asus Eee PC
– Updates of my Asus Eee PC
– I got bored… So, I became an Artist!
– My Second Painting
– Flight Pattern Art Video
– Get-Rich-Quick Schemes
– Why Pyramid Schemes Don’t Work
– Bill Gates E-mail Hoax
– Stock Pump-and-Dump Schemes
– Another E-mail Hoax : Friendster/Yahoo/Hotmail Account Deleted
– Chain Letter: How to Drive Petrol Prices Down