Here are a number of night photography shots taken with Nikon D80, using various manual and semi-manual settings. The photos were shot atop Mount Coot-tha in Queensland, Australia.
Lenses used were the 18-55mm lens and the 70-300mm lens. A tripod was also used for all the shots.
I know I know, most of the shots are horrible. But hey, I’ve got a good excuse. I’m just starting out! 😉
Also, apologies if I’m using the wrong photography terms. Still getting the hang of all the jargons.
1. Shutter priority, 30 seconds. ISO 800.
2. Shutter speed slowed down to 5 minutes. ISO 800. Aperture f11. For the slight streaking effect, I’m not too sure that’s because of the earth’s rotation or because of camera movements. Can anybody comment?
3. Shutter priority, 30 seconds. ISO 800. Notice at the left part of the horizon, there’s a streak effect. That’s actually an aircraft on final at Brisbane Airport.
4. Here’s another. Unfortunately, the camera moved this time.
5. And another aircraft flying away from Brisbane.
6. The view of Brisbane City at night from Mount Coot-tha.
7. A closer view.
8. Yet another.
9. This is my favourite. Shot in the shutter priority mode. 15 seconds. Love the streaking effect.
10. Same settings as above.
Alright, that’s all for now. If you’ve got any tips at all, do share yeah?
Visit Lumpy’s Movie Reviews
Other related posts:
- Who’s richer? Siapa lagi kaya? Part 2 (2)
- Who’s richer? Siapa lagi kaya? Part 1 (14)
- What is more important to you? Money or Family & Friends? (4)
- Journey Towards Financial Freedom: Food for Thought (11)
- Passive Income Exceeding Expenses (5)
- What is Financial Freedom (4)
- Why Not Everyone Can be Wealthy
- Lessons from Cashflow 101 Game (13)
- Why Everyone Should be Wealthy (9)